You will need the following items:
Measure: The width of the window area you would like to cover.
• Take time to plan your installation and get the measurements correct.
• We recommend adding an additional 4”-6” to each side from the edge of the window glass.
This allows the drapery panels when pulled to their sides, to clear the window allowing more
natural light in. It also prevents light gaps at the edge of a window.
• Consider the basic or decorative hardware you will be using to hang the panels from.
• Finials add another 6-8” (3”- 4” for each finial on both ends of the pole) to the total space of window/wall area you’ll need.
• Consult our SIZING SOLUTIONS charts for selecting the correct pre-set panel width and number of panels to order.
• Our recommendations allow for fullness that is already built into the panels.
• Finished panel length is measured from the top of the drapery panel to the bottom for pinch pleats or tabs.
• For rod pocket panels, the finished panel length is measured from the top of the rod pocket to the bottom and does not include the header.
• For grommet panels, the finished panel length is measured from the top inside of the grommet to bottom of the panel.
• The finished panel length you provide to the 1/2” will be the exact measurement the drapery panel will be made to.
• Special consideration should be given to the additional length gained by hanging the panels from decorative poles & rings.
• It is recommended to mount the pole approximately 4” above the window frame.
• If the panel is being mounted directly onto a pole through the rod pocket, grommets or tabs, no additional length is added.
• When using rings to attach drapery panel (usually Rod Pockets & Pleated Panels) with the rod.