If you know how, restringing your wood or faux wood blind can be a fairly painless do-it-yourself project. The following instructions should work for any blind that is horizontal and uses a laddering system to tilt the slats and a pull cord as a lift. I recommend walking through all the steps to ensure you understand them prior to getting started.
- Take your blind down and take the old pull-cord out.
- Next feed your new pull cord through the cord lock and out through the top-rail.
- Next feed the cord through each slat without putting the cord through the ladder (that holds and tilts the slats)
- Once it is through the bottom rail, push it through the button under the bottom rail and tie a not large enough so that it does not pull through your blinds again.
- Hang it back up on your wall and make the final length adjustments to ensure that the cord is inline with the other cords on your blind.