Dear Payless Decor Customer,
Regarding recent coverage concerning blind or shade recalls Payless Decor is committed to providing timely and proactive information. Consumers that have Roman or roll-up shades in their homes should contact the WCSC immediately at www.windowcoverings.org or by calling (800) 506-4636 anytime to receive a free repair kit.
1. Review the recall announcement.
2. Order your free repair kit
3. Contact us with any questions
We at Payless Decor want you to feel comfortable with your purchase. Every roman shade from Payless Decor comes standard with a cord cleat that creates tension with the pull cord when installed. If you have any questions, have lost your cord cleat, the warning tags that came with the shade or would like us to order/send a kit on your behalf please contact us at 800-925-4635.
Here's how to check to see if your Roman shades and roll-up blinds are safe, according to the CPSC:
1) Examine all shades and blinds in the home to ensure that there are no "accessible cords on the front, side, or back of the product." For Roman shades, cords shouldn't be exposed so that a young child can get his or her head between that cord and the fabric — or pull out the cord and wrap it around his neck. In the case of roll-up blinds, make sure that the corded loop that pulls up the blind can't slide off the side of the blind — and that a child can't put his head between the lifting loop and the blind itself.
2) Don't put cribs, beds, or furniture near windows, because children can use them to climb up and reach the cords.
3) Ensure that loose cords aren't accessible.
4) If the shade has looped bead chains or nylon cords, make sure that there are tension devices to keep the cords and chains taut.
If your shades or blinds are not safe, stop using them immediately. The CSPC recommends that customers contact the WCSC at (800) 506-4636. If the number is busy, try the website. The website has more detailed information on basic cord safety, how to retrofit shades and blinds, and safety and design tips, as well as a place to order the retrofit directly online (order WCSC-82 for Roman shades; WCSC-86 for roll-up blinds).